Time: About 15 minutes (5 minutes prep time, 10 minutes cook time)
Hashes make a great breakfast, because they’re easy to make and easy to make nutritious. This one uses protein-heavy black beans and sweet potatoes. A little chili powder adds some heat to wake up even the sleepiest commuters.
2 cups peeled, chopped sweet potatoes
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup cooked and drained black beans
1 minced garlic clove ⅓ cup veggie broth
¼ cup chopped scallions
2 teaspoons hot chili powder
1. Prep your veggies.
2. Turn your pressure cooker to “sauté” and cook the chopped onion for 2-3 minutes, stirring so it doesn’t burn.
3. Add the garlic and stir until fragrant.
4. Add the sweet potatoes and chili powder, and stir.
5. Pour in the broth and give one last stir before locking the lid.
6. Select “manual,” and cook on high pressure for 3 minutes.
7. When time is up, quick-release the pressure carefully.
8. Add the black beans and scallions, and stir to heat everything up.
9. Season with salt and more chili powder if desired.
Nutritional Info (¼ recipe):
Total calories: 133