Time: 13 minutes (3 minutes cook time, 10 minutes natural release)
A fan of chai tea? This oatmeal mimics those spicy-sweet flavors with cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and cardamom. The measurements are in “dashes,” because it’s up to you how much of each spice you want, depending on your tastes. Top the bowl off with some fresh-cut mango, or whatever fruit you like.
Cooking Tip: Cardamom and cloves are really strong, so add a teeny amount and taste.
3 cups water
1 cup steel-cut oats
½ teaspoon vanilla
Dash of cinnamon
Dash of ginger
Dash of cloves
Dash of cardamom
Dash of salt
½ mango, cut into pieces
1. Mix water and oats in the pressure cooker.
2. Close the lid.
3. Select “manual,” and cook for 3 minutes on high pressure.
4. When the beeper sounds, hit “cancel” and wait for the pressure to come down naturally.
5. Open the lid and stir well.
6. Season and taste.
7. Divide into even servings and add chopped mango.
Nutritional Info (⅓ recipe): Total calories: 236 Protein: 6 Carbs: 44 Fiber: 5.5 Fat: 4