Time: 37 minutes (30 minutes prep time, 7 minutes cook time)
If you need a big hearty meal for a lot of people, this vegan chili is the perfect
recipe. It’s vegan-friendly while still being accessible to non-vegans, and if
there are leftovers, it freezes really well. It’s also incredibly quick at just
under 40 minutes, so you don’t need to spend all day cooking.
6 cups tomato juice
7 cups canned kidney beans
2 cups textured soy protein (Bob’s Red Mill)
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 cup water
5 minced garlic cloves
1 diced onion
2 tablespoons veggie oil
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon cumin
Salt to taste
1. Turn your pressure cooker to “sauté” and heat the veggie oil.
2. When hot, cook onions until they’re soft and about to become clear.
3. Add the garlic and cook for a minute or so.
4. Scoop out the onions and garlic.
5. Add the tomato juice and seasonings.
6. Puree the onion/garlic mixture before returning to the pot.
7. Add the rest of the ingredients.
8. Close and seal the lid.
9. Hit “soup” and adjust time to 7 minutes.
10. When time is up, hit “cancel” and quick-release.
11. Taste and season before serving!
Nutritional Info (⅛ recipe):
Total calories: 331