Time: 20 minutes (10 minutes cook time, 10 minutes natural release)
Risotto is usually reserved for savory side dishes, but it’s a perfect vehicle for sweeter breakfasts, too. Using vanilla almond milk and coconut milk adds flavor and a beautiful creaminess. For texture, a topping of coconut flakes and sliced almonds is perfect.
2 cups vanilla almond milk
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup Arborio rice
⅓ cup sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla
¼ cup sliced almonds and coconut flakes
1. Pour the milks into the pressure cooker and hit the “sauté” button.
2. Stir until it boils.
3. Add the rice and stir before locking the lid.
4. Select “manual,” and cook for 5 minutes on high pressure.
5. When time is up, press “cancel” and wait 10 minutes. Quick-release any leftover pressure.
6. Add the sugar and vanilla.
7. Divide up oats and top with almonds and coconut.
Nutritional Info (¼ recipe):
Total calories: 337