Time: 36 minutes (30 minutes prep time, 6 minutes cook time)
This soup uses a lot of vegan versions of ingredients, like vegan chicken and
a bouillon cube. Some good brands include Beyond Meat, Better Than
Bouillon, Edward & Sons, and Orrington Farms. You add the chicken and
rice after pureeing the broccoli-and-cauliflower soup, so there’s some texture.
2 boxes of mushroom broth
2 bunches’ worth of broccoli florets
1 head’s worth of cauliflower florets
1 medium-sized, diced Yukon Gold potato
2 cups cooked brown rice
1 package of vegan chicken strips
1 vegan, chicken-flavored bouillon cube
1 cup water
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
3 minced garlic cloves
1 diced white onion
2 tablespoons tamari
1 tablespoon veggie oil
Dash of salt
Dash of black pepper
1. Heat the oil in your pressure cooker on the “sauté” setting.
2. Toss in the onion and cook until soft.
3. Add garlic and cook for another minute or so.
4. Hit “cancel” and add the broccoli, cauliflower, and potato.
5. Season with the tamari, salt, pepper, and bouillon cube.
6. Pour in the liquids (water, milk, and broth) and stir.
7. Close and seal the lid.
8. Select “manual,” and adjust time to 6 minutes on high pressure.
9. After hitting “cancel” when time is up, quick-release the pressure.
10. Puree when the soup has cooled a little.
11. Before serving, add the vegan chicken strips and cooked rice.
Nutritional Info (1/10 recipe):
Total calories: 193