Makes: 1 ½ cups
Time: 27 minutes (5 minutes prep time, 12 minutes cook time, 10 minutes
natural release) + overnight bean soak
Homemade bean dip is very easy and delicious with fresh-cut veggies, pita,
or pita chips. This recipe produces 1 ½ cups, so make this for you and a
movie-night buddy to share. Keep in mind that you’ll need to soak the beans
overnight before using the pressure cooker.
3 cups water
2 cups soaked split fava beans
2 crushed garlic cloves
2 tablespoons veggie oil
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 zested and juiced lemon
2 teaspoons tahini
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon harissa
1 teaspoon paprika
Salt to taste
1. The night before, soak the fava beans and drain the fava beans before
beginning the recipe.
2. Preheat your pressure cooker.
3. Add garlic when hot and cook until they become golden.
4. Add beans, veggie oil, and 3 cups of water.
5. Close and seal the lid.
6. Select “manual” and cook on high pressure for 12 minutes.
7. When time is up, hit “cancel” and wait 10 minutes before quick releasing any remaining pressure.
8. Drain the cooking liquid from the pressure cooker, leaving about 1 cup.
9. Toss in the tahini, cumin, harissa, and lemon zest.
10. Puree until smooth.
11. Salt and blend again.
12. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and dash of paprika.
Nutritional Info (½ recipe):
Total calories: 415