Time: 35 minutes (10 minutes prep time, 10 minutes cook time, 15 minutes
Creamy and warm, this avocado-based soup is the perfect accompaniment to
some high-quality, crusty bread. Since avocados are relatively bland, the
sweetness from the agave syrup, spiciness of the habanero, and earthiness of
the cumin add layer upon layer of flavor.
4 cups veggie stock
3 smashed, ripe avocados
1 chopped onion
3 minced garlic cloves
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon oregano
⅛ seeded and chopped small habanero
1-2 teaspoons agave syrup
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Turn your pressure cooker to “sauté.”
2. When hot, cook the onions and garlic for about 5 minutes, or until
fragrant, and the onions are clear.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients (minus the agave) to the pot.
4. Select “manual,” and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
5. When done, hit “cancel” and wait for the pressure to come down
6. When all the pressure is gone, open the lid and pick out the bay
7. Blend the soup till smooth before adding the agave syrup and a
squirt of lime juice.
8. Season more to taste if necessary before serving.
Nutritional Info (¼ recipe):
Total calories: 239