Makes: 2 cups
Time: 25 minutes (5 minutes prep time, 20 minutes cook time)
Mango chutney is a spicy-sweet condiment that can be used in everything
from curries to sandwiches with avocado and alfalfa sprouts. It would also be
awesome on a veggie burger!
Cooking Tip: Refrigerated chutney will last up to a month, while in the
freezer, it can last up to a year.
2 big, diced mangos
1 cored and diced apple
1 ¼ cups apple cider vinegar
1 ¼ cups raw sugar
¼ cup raisins
1 chopped shallot
2 tablespoons finely-diced ginger
1 tablespoon veggie oil
2 teaspoons salt
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
⅛ teaspoons cinnamon
1. Preheat your pressure cooker.
2. When hot, add the oil and cook shallots and ginger until the shallot is
3. Add cinnamon, chili powder, and cardamom and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix.
5. When the sugar has melted, close and seal the lid.
6. Select “manual” and cook for 7 minutes on high pressure.
7. When the beeper sounds, hit “cancel” and wait for the pressure to
come down on its own.
8. Turn the pot back to “sauté” with the lid off until the chutney has a
9. When it starts to thicken, turn the cooker to the “keep warm” setting.
10. When you get the texture you want, move the chutney to glass jars
11. When the contents are cool, move to the fridge.
Nutritional Info (1 tablespoon):
Total calories: 78.2