Time: 10 minutes
You learned how to make seitan back in the “One-Pot” chapter, and this
recipe teaches you how to whip up a hearty stew with a seitan roast. With
potatoes, carrots, corn, and green beans, it’s a vegan version of a meaty
4 cups veggie broth
2 cups cubed seitan
6 quartered baby potatoes
3 chopped carrots
1, 15-ounce can of corn
1, 15-ounce can of green beans
1 chopped sweet onion
2 bay leaves
2 tablespoons vegan-friendly Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1. Dissolve the arrowroot powder in a little bit of water.
2. Pour (along with everything else) in the pressure cooker and stir.
3. Close and seal the lid.
4. Select “manual,” and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
5. When the timer beeps, press “cancel” and then quick-release.
6. Pick out the bay leaves before serving.
7. Add some black pepper if desired.
Nutritional Info (⅛ recipe):
Total calories: 213