Time: 30 minutes (10 minutes prep time, 20 minutes cook time)
Rich roasted mushrooms, vegan butter, and umami miso paste make for one
delicious risotto. It’s so good and satisfying you could eat this as a main
course if you wanted, though a small amount as a side dish with stuffed
eggplant would also be good.
4 cups veggie stock
1 ½ pounds mixed, chopped mushrooms
1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
2 cups Arborio rice
1 cup chopped yellow onion
¾ cups dry white wine
4 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons vegan butter
1 tablespoon miso paste
2 teaspoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons minced garlic
½ cup chopped herbs
1. Microwave the dried mushrooms in broth for 5 minutes.
2. Chop the porcini and set aside for now. Keep the broth separate.
3. Heat olive oil in your pressure cooker.
4. Add the fresh mixed mushrooms and cook for about 8 minutes until
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Add the onion, garlic, porcini, and butter.
7. Stir until the onions are soft.
8. Add the rice and stir to coat in oil.
9. When toasty after 3-4 minutes, add the soy sauce and miso paste.
10. Pour in the wine and cook for 2 minutes.
11. Pour the broth through a strainer into the pot and deglaze.
12. Close and seal the pressure cooker.
13. Select “manual” and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
14. When the beeper goes off, hit “cancel” and quick-release.
15. Open the lid and stir. If it’s not thick enough, turn on the “sauté”
program and stir.
16. Add herbs and season with salt and pepper before serving.
Nutritional Info ( ⅙ recipe):
Total calories: 431