Time: 15 minutes (3 minutes cook time, 12 minutes natural release)
If someone tells you that vegan food is bland, serve them this breakfast and they’ll change their mind. It uses steel-cut oats, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and allspice. The brown sugar, chopped pecan topping is just as delicious and adds a nice crunch.
Cooking Tip: If you like really soft oats, cook for at least 7 minutes instead of 3.
4 ½ cups water
1 ½ cups steel-cut oats
1 ½ cups pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon allspice
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup chopped pecans
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1. Pour 1 cup water into the instapot
2. Add everything from the first ingredient list (including rest of the water) into an oven-safe bowl and set in the steamer basket.
3. Lower basket into the pressure cooker and lock the lid.
4. Select “manual,” and cook on high pressure for 3 minutes.
5. When time is up, hit “cancel” and wait for the pressure to come down on its own.
6. Mix the topping ingredients in a small bowl.
7. When you serve, sprinkle on top. If necessary, add a little almond milk to the oats.
Nutritional Info (⅛ recipe): Total calories: 207 Protein: 4 Carbs: 38 Fiber: 4 Fat: 4