Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes (25 minutes cook time, 5 minutes natural pressure
release, 10 minutes boil time, 20-30 minutes simmer time)
For smoky, campfire-ready lima beans, all you need is the right seasonings.
No meat at all. For the liquid smoke, Colgin is a good vegan brand, but most
brands should be vegan. Just take a look at the ingredient list to be sure. To
make enough beans for 12 people, you’ll need an 8-quart cooker.
12 cups water
2 pounds dry large lima beans
⅛ cup Colgin liquid smoke
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Rinse beans before putting into the pressure cooker with your water.
2. Add onion and garlic powder, and seal the lid.
3. Hit “Bean” and adjust to 25 minutes.
4. When time is up, wait 5 minutes and then quick-release the pressure coocker.
5. Add salt and liquid smoke.
6. Taste and add more seasonings if necessary.
7. Hit “sauté” and bring to a boil for 10 minutes.
8. Then, hit “cancel.”
9. Turn back to “sauté” and simmer for 20-30 minutes, until thickened.
Nutritional Info (½ cup per serving):
Total calories: 213