Makes: 8 cups
Time: 12 hours to make + 6 hours in fridge before eating
Vegan yogurt? Yes, it’s possible. It’s a lot of waiting, but very little work. To make this recipe, you’ll need an electric pressure cooker which has the Yogurt program. To ensure this yogurt is vegan, make sure to get a soymilk that only lists water and soybeans in the ingredients.
2 quarts of soy milk
1 packet of vegan yogurt culture
1. Mix milk and yogurt culture together.
2. Pour into a heatproof container that you know fit in your pressure cooker. Leave off any lids.
3. Put into the cooker. You do not need to add any water to the pot because it doesn’t actually rise to pressure!
4. Close the lid and select the “yogurt” button. Adjust time to 12 hours for a professional-quality thick, creamy yogurt.
5. Go about your business until time is up, and then take out the yogurt.
6. Put the lids on the containers and store in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
7. The yogurt will be very tangy, so sweeten with vanilla, sugar, jam, fruit, and so on!
Nutritional Info (1 cup):
Total calories: 55